Monday, March 17, 2014

3-3-14 - A little behind!

Hey everybody!
I haven't written a letter like this in a long time, and I'm sorry! I've been using a lot of my internet time to apply for school and things like that. 
Its getting hot down here in Izucar de Matamoros, but we are still having a great time! On valentines we had an investigator married and then president reeves came and baptized him the same day! Then that next Monday my old companion was getting ready to go home, so we went to the city of Tehuacan to visit some of his converts there. Tehuacan was also my first area! So I was able to visit my converts also:)
Then I got my new companion Elder Packer, who is a really great guy. He was in Cholula where I was before, and he got invited back to do a baptism. It turns out that I know the mom of the girl he baptized really well! And I got to see all my converts and friends from my ward in Cholula too:) It was great! Ive had the opportunity to see so many great things and miracles lately:)

This week, my studies brought me to Ezekiel chapter 37. In this chapter the prophet Ezekiel is shown a vision concerning the resurrection of the dead. Ezekiel sees a valley full of dry bones, and the Lord asks him if the bones will live again. Ezekiel says yes and the Lord tells him to prophesy to the bones. As he does the bones come together, and it says that all the sinews and flesh returned to the bones. Finally the lord "breathes" life into the bodies so that may live again. Later in the book of Mormon Alma chapter 40 through 42, the prophet Alma testifies of and explains the resurrection even more. Later, in 1 Corinthians 15, the apostle Paul goes into great detail about the resurrection and how it will be. Many many years later, the prophet Joseph smith increased our understanding of the resurrection even more through the temples and ordinances performed there
The prophets and apostles of old saw our day and rejoiced. We live in blessed times, when the priesthood and temple ordinances that our performed through it are in full effect here on the earth. The sacred ordinances performed in the temples are divine, and truly seal us as family members forever. When one has been sealed in the temple to their family, and they have been true to their covenants, death is sweet. They can rest assured that the very same priesthood power that created the universe and everything in it, will be binding them to their loved ones throughout all eternity.
I know that's true. I know you can know too. prayerfully read and study the scriptures I have shared today, then pray and ask God if these things are true. The spirit will testify to you with power through feelings of peace, surety, and warmth. I promise.
I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Love
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment