Wednesday, June 4, 2014

April 28th 2014

Hey Everyone!
I'm sorry I have not written one of these letters in a long time. I have however been doing my best to respond to everyone of your personal emails to me. Know that I love you, and that I read every single email that gets sent to me.
I won't be to long today, I promise I will get back into that routine next week.
I would like to talk a little about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and about the grace the Lord can offer us because of that atonement.
Many times we can be confused on what it it is exactly that Christ's sacrifice does for us. We may think that because he paid for all our sins, that we have nothing to do in this life, that we have no personal responsibility. But, many times that we may be led to think that there is a certain cuota that Christ expects us to fill, so that Christs Atonement can take affect in our lives. Both of these ideas, are wrong.
 
Christs atonement is infinite. It completely payed the debt that needed to be payed. Becuase of it, we will all someday be resurrected, become immortal, and return to God's presence. So then, why all the commandments and ordinances and stuff? We are all just going to be saved anyway right?. Well not exactly. If we want to be able to stay in God's presence FOREVER and with our FAMILIES, we must comply with what Christ asks of us. We must decide to use Christs atonement in this life, to be able to be changed and become like Christ in the next.
We do not have faith, repent, be baptized, recieve the Holy Ghost, or endure to the end to qualify for Christs Atonement. Instead we do those things so that it can be used to its fullest to make us perfect, however long that may take. It isnt like we are paying off a debt, Christ already did that. It is more as if we were putting money into a savings account, saving up so that someday we may have the greatest gift of all. Eternal Life.
I know that Christ lives. I know that as we go through this life, and use his atonement, he is with us every step of the way. It doesn't matter what you've done, or how many times you've done it. He is there, waiting for you, begging for you to repent and make things right. It is not an easy thing to do, but it is the only way we can become like our Father in Heaven. We all must suffer for our sins, but we do not suffer becuase we are being punished. We suffer becuasethat suffering is 100 percent nessecary if we are to change! Heavenly Fatherloves us, and so does his son Jesus Christ. They always will. Lets do whatever it is to do to become right with Lord, however difficult it may be. I promise you that the joy of knowing that your sins have been forgiven, is much greater than any amount of guilt or humiliation we may feel.
I invite you all to read Alma chapter 36 in the Book of Mormon.
I love you all.
I hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Wilson


- Sorry I am a little behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment