Monday, September 23, 2013

Krispy Kreme in Mexico, and the baptism of Raquel!

Heelllo! How was everyones week?Thursday is my year mark! Its been strange, because everyday i've been thinking to myself "Wow, a year ago I was in such and such place, or I was doing such and such with such and such." But not its gonna be "Wow, a year ago I was... On my mission:" Haha. But its great! I cant believe how fast its passing, im actually kind of sad cuz its all going to be over before I know it! I would also like to ask everyone to pray for the people of guerrero mexico. They were hit by a a rather large hurricane, and basically they have the same situation going on as new orleans when katrina hit. Its the state just just south of puebla, but nothing happened here, just lots of rain. But yes, keep them in your prayers!
Tuesday - Well we have a wonderful new investigator named Catalina. About a year ago her and her boyfriend Luiz were listening to the missionaries, and Luiz got baptised! He's a wonderful member in our ward who is right now preparing for his mission. Catalina however, said she was not going to change and wanted nothing to do with the missionaries.... Until last week! We ran into her in a restuarant, and she said we could come visit her. At first she was a little cold, and actually said she had a lot of doubts about what we were teaching. But on tuesday we promised her if she read and prayed, those doubts would disappear. But I won't get ahead of myself:) The rest of the day was also really great!
Wednesday - We had our district meeting in the morning, and the zone leaders popped in to surprise me. That was great! I always feel so nervous when they come to watch my district meetings. But I think it went pretty well. The rest of the day was good, we got to visit some less actives and a few members.
Thursday - We got to talk with raquel, are investigator that was just super prepared from the get go. She always brightens up our day, and well she always gives us food too:) A little girl in the had to have her appendix taken out, and shes only 2! So we went to visit the family, and we ran some errands for them that they cant do, because the little girl cant leave the house right now.
Friday - We met with Catalina again! She said that she had prayed and read. And she said that she did feel better, and that her doubts had been resolved. But she still wasnt sure about baptism. We asked her if she had prayed about baptism and she said no. We explained to her that she wouldnt know if she should be baptized  or not if she didnt ask it in a prayer. So right there we all got on our knees and she offered the prayer. The only problem was that she has a dog thatsnuts! And the second we got on her knees it thought we wanted to play. So to be honest, I have no clue what she said in the prayer, because i was basically going WWE on this dog so that it would be queit. I thought there was no way she felt the spirit. My tie and hair were all disheveled, my shirt was untucked, just a mess. But after the prayer Catalina just sat there for a couple a minutes, and she just cried. She had asked if she should be baptized on the 12th of october, and she got her answer in the very moment she asked. Even though the thing with the dog was super obnoxious, it ended up being one of the most powerful spiritual moments I've ever had in my mission. And Catalina is going to be Baptized on the 12th of october:)
Sabado - We went back with Cathia, and basically just confirmed everything she had felt the day before. It was Crazy, It was like she was a completely different person. Smiling and laughing, it was a really happy lesson. Later trhat night we had a family home evening with the garcias, who are amazing. And we were able to invite a less active named marco alor.
Sunday - It was a great day:) The highlight was definitely the baptism of Raquel. Shes such an amazing lady. She has been listening the the missionaries for nearly 7 years, and she finally made the decision to be baptized. Great day.
Im gonna attatch some photos right now, and if i dont write you right now, dont worry because Im going to come back to the internet in a few hours.
I love you guys!
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment