Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Feeling Sick 7/7/14

Well we had a great week! How about you guys?? How was your 4th of July? That didn't get celebrated here, shocker. Actually someone got mad at us when we told them it was independence day, because Arizona and Nevada used to be part of Mexico? haha.
It was great week though, full of humbling and uplifting experiences.
We have a great family of three that have agreed to get baptized on the 27th of July. Their names are Mario, Maria, and Christopher! They are amazing, they came to Church yesterday and they loved it!
 We also got to know really well the mother in law of the bishop. She is also awesome by the way, and is also going to get baptized the 27th:)
We also had a great experience with a man named Noah. His wife is a less active, but wants to come back, and he also wants to get baptized. Also for the 27th:)
And for this next story, I know all the women that are mothers will get upset with me, but it already happened, so what are ya gonna do??:)
I woke up Wednesday morning with a really sore throat and stuffy nose, but we had some really important lessons, so we went out anyways, and it starting pouring and it was freezing. And well I was walking around without a jacket, soaking wet... It just got worse. Well Thursday morning I woke up with a raging headache, but well, call it stupidity, pride, or just being awesome, we went out and worked all day... in the rain. By the end of the day I could barely hold my head up my head ache was so bad, and I literally felt like my head was cooking. The bishop, who was accompanying us, noticed my dire state of health, and took us back to his house. There, his wife, who wasn't very happy with me, took my temperature.. 102.7 F. I was basically walking around almost dead:) I had strep throat haha. Its all taken care of now though, Doctor, antibiotics, the whole shabang. It was great though, because my companion gave me a priesthood blessing that was probably the most inspired I've ever had. Even he was surprised by what he told me!
The church is true guys:) I wouldn't trade the mission for anything!


I love you!
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment