Monday, July 7, 2014

Big Changes 6/30/14

So, it was quite a crazy change meeting. The craziest I've ever seen.
I don't remember if I told you guys or not, but President Reeves finished his mission and went home last week, so this was the last change meeting he ever did. 
I had told you guys that I was going to training a new missionary, but for whatever reason that didn't happen... So when I showed up to the meeting for new trainers, which was right before changes, President took me aside and  talked to me. Really I wasn't going to train a brand new missionary (only two elders arrived), I was going to finish the training of another elder whose training had apparently not gone that well, but president said that wasn't necessary anymore, idk why. He said he had a special new assignment for me. Well I was excited about that.
When we got to changes, the first thing President said was that he had felt the impression that there were many elders in the mission that needed leadership experience, but weren't getting it because there is so many elders and so many elders had been leaders for a long, and that many zone leaders were going to become just normal elders, some even junior companions. I think the whole room froze when he said that ha. And whelp, almost every single zone leader with more that a couple changes as zone leader, was made junior companion to finish there mission. I wasn't made junior companion, but i did just become a normal senior companion. For the first time in a year I don't have any leadership position. I'm just a normal missionary, in a great ward in Mayorazgo called San Ramon. (Its a new ward that was just split from the ward Castillotla), and ready to just work my butt off for the next 11 weeks. My companions name is elder Werber, he's from Las Vegas and hes been serving 7 months in the mission. Actually, I was his zone leader in Izucar, and I know he's a great elder. He speaks amazing Spanish for only 7 months, and hes a very hard worker and super obedient.
This is where I'll be finishing my mission, and I'm pumped for it!
The Church is true, and this is the greatest work in the world. I'll be making the most I can out of the 2.5 months I have left, and I'll see you guys on the other side:)
I love you all,
talk to you soon
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment