Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Coming Home Soon!

Well, it has been a transfer full of miracles. It just came to end, but we are staying together!! So Elder Werber is going to be my last companion:) It's been absolutely wonderfeul the last 22-23 months, and the last month and a half looks like its going to be the best yet. I'm in an amazing place, with amazing people. And like I said, we're seeing miracles:)
I'd like to share with you all one of those miracles.
Everytime we leave the house, we kneel and pray. As we pray we ask for guidance and help in finding those whom the Lord is preparing. Well one day, about a month ago, Elder Werber and I did just that, and then we left to work. We went to search for referal we had from other missionaries, and well we got pretty lost.... The address took us to a part of our area that neither of us had ever visited before. We were literally in the middle of nowhere(If I can I will attatch a picture to show where we were at). Well we were walking, way far from our house, with paved streets long behind us, and we walked into a man! He told us that his name was alejandro, and that he was an inactive member of the Church. He hadn't gone in nearly 9 years to church, and said that no one knew where is ne house was. I'm here to testify guys, that nobody EVER would have found this guys house if we hadnt ran into him that day. It was so far away. Well anyways we found him in the best moment possible. He was going through a huge fight with his wife, and actually just a week after we found him, she left him. We were right with him the whole time, helping him cope and become a better man. He had a smoking problem, we gave him a blessing, and he has completely dropped smoking. He is such a great man. Just last week he baptized his son Pablo, and is now preparing himself to recieve the melchezidek priesthood. All this has happend in about months time. It's the very definition of a miracle. We acted in faith looking for that referral(which to this day we havent found) and the Lord led us right to that man, so that we could help him stabalize his life and come back to the Lord's Church. The Spirit guides the Lord's obedient diligent servants in all things.
I'd like to share with you a story I read this past week in the Liahona by Elder Zivic of the Seventy, showing how important it is to follow the Lords commandments, and not the worlds standards!:
"Several years ago I went to Arches National Park with my wife; our daughter, Evelin; and a family friend. One of the most famous arches there is called Delicate Arch. We decided to walk about 1.5 miles (2 km), climbing the mountain in order to reach the arch.
We started off on our pathway with great enthusiasm, but after walking a short stretch, the others needed to rest. Because of my desire to get there, I decided to continue on alone. Without paying attention to the path I ought to take, I followed a man in front of me who seemed to be moving forward with great surety. The pathway became more and more difficult, and I had to jump from one rock to another. Because of the difficulty, I was sure the women in my group would never make it. Suddenly I saw Delicate Arch, but to my great surprise, I saw that it was in an area inaccessible to me.
With great frustration, I decided to go back. I waited impatiently until we met up again. My immediate question was “Did you reach Delicate Arch?” They happily told me that they had. They explained that they had followed the signs showing the way, and with care and effort, they had reached their destination.
Unfortunately, I had taken the wrong way. What a great lesson I learned that day!
How often do we make a mistake about the right way, letting ourselves be led along by the trends of the world? We need to continually ask ourselves if we are being doers of the words of Jesus Christ."
The Lord has given us the guide to life through his holy prophets! Let us follow that guide, and arrive exactly where we want to and with the people we want.
I love you guys, 
See you soon;)
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment