Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May 5th 2014

Hello Everyone again this week! happy 5 de mayo!
How are we all doing?
Are you guys ready for mothers day?
This will be my last phone call home! Haha:)
I can't wait to talk to you guys, it always leaves me with the best feeling:)
This week has been pretty crazy, we were in Puebla a whole lot. We had interviews with president reeves, a leadership traing meeting, and a leadership council at presidents house on  friday.
But, even though we didnt have much happen in the area because we were gone, we had a baptism yeserday, which was great:) A man named victor who we've been teaching for a little over a month. He was very happy, and his son came and wants to listen to us now, so great!
I had a great experience with my fast yesterday, and I'd like to share it with you guys. I've had a lot of things on my mind lately, things that have worried me and have really kind of distracted me from being 100% immersed in the work this week. When I started me fast on saturday afternoon I decided to fast that those worries would be taken away. Well it ended up turning out that my fast coundnt be broken until later in the evening last night, becaquse of the baptism. I ended up fasting for about 26 or 27 hours. (If you dont know fasting is going without food or water, and its purpose is to help us overcome the physical, and put our trust in the spiritual). Well I was hurting quite a bit yesterday, but i pushed through. I could literally feel the weight being lifted off my shoulders and chest. All my worries that were there saturday, were gone.
I know that God loves us. I know that he hears our prayers, espescially when they are accompanied by a fast. I would invite you to, if you are going yhrough a tough time or feel confused , alone, whatever, I would invite you to fast. It truly has power.
I love yoy guys.
Talk to you soon
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment